What You Will Do:
Develop art for best in class games based on IOT, MMO and Mobile/Tablet/SmartTVs
- This is a generalist Technical Artist role. The candidate could potentially be involved in a wide variety of technical tasks related to Art (Character, Exterior, Interior, Props, Weapons, Terrain, Vehicle and Vegetation).
- Create tools within Unity3d/3DS Max/Maya/Blender/Substance/Photoshop to support and push forward workflows across the various disciplines of Art.
- Push forward Technical Art processes and standards to improve our ability to deliver quality tools and pipelines.
- Write documentation for pipelines / tools created.
- Stay current with latest technologies and ongoing research in the field to help keep our Art tools and pipelines at the cutting edge.
- Work with modelers and animators to create 3D art and bring it into the engine
- Support and educate artists and engineers in the use of the unity 3D art pipeline and user-facing engine tools ( unity )
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers regarding asset performance and validation w.r.t target platform in unity game engine.
- Handle unity engine tools effectively in creating various features such as Particle systems, Lighting, probs, terrain system, Audio, UI, Graphics, Animation, Skybox etc...
- Assist with character rigging and tool creation.
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements
- Develop 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Collaborate with engineers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems
- Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes
- Collaborate with team and work to share technology and best practices
- At least 4+ years of experience in the video game industry as a technical artist working on Unity3d.
- Shipped 3+ titles as a 3D Technical Artist
- Expert knowledge of 3D Modeling and Animation software (Maya, Max, etc.)
- Strong experience with unity built in tools and process
- Strong experience with unity shader programming
- Strong knowledge of Autodesk Maya / Max and its underlying API
- Experienced developing custom tools for Digital Content Creation tools (Maya, Max, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of the performance implications of game art asset creation w.r.t target platforms.
- A relevant degree or professional experience in the game industry as a Technical Artist or similar / related position.
- • Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think outside the box.
- • Strong communication, self-management, and organizational skills.
- • Effective time management skills to meet deadlines and milestones.
Contact Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org