What You Will Do:
You will work on the the applications end to end, including getting involved in requirements definition, tech design, development, launch, scalability, performance; and operational support. We are looking for passionate and hardworking professionals who can contribute with full ownership.
- Working with the team, collaborate with other engineers, frontend teams, and product teams to design and build backend applications and services.
- Completely own the application features end to end; through design, development, testing, launch and post launch support.
- Deploy and maintain applications on cloud hosted platforms.
- Build performant, scalable, secure, and reliable applications.
- Write high quality, clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
- Develop backend server code, APIs and database functionality
- Propose coding standards, tools, frameworks, automations and processes for the team.
- Lead technical architecture and design for application development
- Work on POCs, try new ideas, influence product roadmap
- Participate in interview/hiring activities for the organization
- 3+ years experience building complex applications as a backend developer.
- Proficiency in designing and coding the web applications and/or services, ensuring high quality and performance of the application, fixing application bugs, maintaining the code, deploying apps to various environments.
- Proficiency with NOSQL database technology such as MongoDB
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs and working on SOAP, OAuth and 3rd party APIs
- Experience in creating technical design and solution of backend applications.
- Experience working with hosting apps on AWS or similar cloud providers and using cloud technologies such as S3, SES, and Cloudwatch required.
- Experience with concepts such as Mobile push notifications, notification libraries (such as Twilio), Payment gateways, messaging applications, shopping carts.
- Proficient in code versioning tools including Mercurial, Git, and SVN.
- Understanding of software design principles and computer science fundamentals. Knowledge of Web design principles and application interface guidelines.
- Experience working with Alexa and Google Home integration will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred.
Contact Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org